One Health and the Challenge of Antifungal Resistance
4 and 5 April 2024, Bath, UK
Registration deadline: 15th March 2024.
Taking place in the elegant city of Bath, this 1.5 day conference highlights current research to address the increasing concern of antifungal resistance in plants, crops and agriculture, human and animal health, and urban environments. Speakers from a range of research disciplines will offer insight into new methods for controlling fungal pathogens, taking a One Health approach to tackling antifungal resistance.
This is a joint event, organised by British Mycological Society and British Society for Plant Pathology.
Call for Abstracts
We’re looking forward to receiving abstracts that focus on the theme of ‘one health and antifungal resistance’ in the following areas:
- Impacts and surveillance of antifungal resistance
- Mechanisms and drivers of antifungal resistance
- New approaches to disease control and resistance mitigation
We’re looking for examples of work on antifungals as used in:
- Plants, crops and agriculture
- Human and animal health
- Urban environments
Abstract deadline: 18 December 2023 (Abstract submission now closed)
Decision regarding your abstract: 12 January 2024
Presenter must register by: 31 January 2024
Bath is a city full of traditional heritage, contemporary culture and green spaces. Famous as the Roman spa town, human activity around the hot springs dates back to 8000 BCE. Much of Bath as it is today is thanks to the Georgian innovators who designed parts of the city’s iconic architecture such as the Royal Crescent and the Circus.
The conference will take place at the Apex City of Bath Hotel, James Street West, Bath. The hotel is a 10-minute walk from Bath Spa train station, and a 5-minute walk from the nearest pay and display car park on Charlotte Street. Bristol International Airport is a 45-minute taxi journey away from the hotel, or the A4 Air Decker bus goes directly from the airport to Bath, and the Bristol Flyer Airport Express goes from the airport to Bristol Temple Meads train station, where you can catch a train to Bath Spa, taking around 10 minutes.
Conference dinner at the Roman Baths
Taking place at the Roman Baths, the evening of 4 April 2024 will start with a drinks reception at 19:00 by the steaming, torch lit waters of the Great Bath, followed by a 3-course dinner in the Terrace.
Once the site of one of the great religious spas of the ancient world; the people of Roman Britain came to the site to worship the goddess Sulis Minerva and bathe in the waters of the natural thermal springs, which still flow with hot water today.
|Before 31 January 2024
|From 1 February 2024
|BMS or BSPP Student Member
|BMS or BSPP Member
Booking deadline: 15 March 2024
- The conference registration fee includes refreshments on both days, and lunch on 4 April.
- The dinner at the Roman Baths is booked separately.
- Accommodation is not included.
- If your abstract is accepted for presentation, the presenting author must register by 31 January 2024.
- Please note our cancellation policy:
- Up to and including 1 March 2024: 100% refund or you can choose to transfer the booking to someone else
- From 2 March 2024 onwards: No refund, but you can choose to transfer the booking to someone else up to 15 March.
- If you need to cancel or transfer the booking, please contact email@example.com