Data Protection Policy
The British Mycological Society is a registered charity (No. 276503) promoting mycology in all its aspects by supporting scientific research, conservation issues, publications, meetings, workshops, education and related activities. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our members and those engaging with and participating in our activities.
Our Data Protection Principles
We, the British Mycological Society:
- Process data at all times in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 under the General Data Protection Regulatins (GDPR).
- Implement appropriate technical and operational measures to safeguard personal data from unauthorised or unlawful processing or accidental loss, disclosure, destruction or damage
- Ensure that each of our employees, agents and subcontractors are made aware of our safeguarding obligations with regard to the security and protection of personal data and of the data subjects
- Do not divulge personal data, whether directly or indirectly, to any person, organisation or otherwise except to employees, agents and subcontractors required for the processing of the data and covered by the agreement made with a client, as appropriate.
- Will encrypt and/or password protect any personal or confidential data transmitted by a file sharing service or email within our company, to our client or to our sub-contractors and will not transport any personal or confidential data by portable storage media.
- Store and process data only where there is a lawful basis for doing so, and document those lawful bases.
- Act upon a request from a data subject seeking to exercise their rights in relation to the data within the timeframes specified by the GDPR.
- Document, regularly review and update our policies and procedures as necessary to ensure continued compliance.
Our Privacy Notice can be found here.
Person Responsible for Data Protection
Name: Norman Porrett
Job title: BMS Administrator
Tel: +44 (0)330 1330002
Updated 22 April 2021