Electronic access to BMS Journals
BMS journals published by Elsevier can be accessed via ScienceDirect at the following links. A ScienceDirect login is required (see information below).
- Fungal Biology: www.sciencedirect.com/journal/fungal-biology
- Fungal Biology Reviews: www.sciencedirect.com/journal/fungal-biology-reviews
- Fungal Ecology: www.sciencedirect.com/journal/fungal-ecology
Field Mycology can be accessed at the following links:
- Issues published from 2022 onwards: www.britmycolsoc.org.uk/field_mycology/fm-publication/fm-online (BMS Member login required)
- Past issues published by Elsevier: www.sciencedirect.com/journal/field-mycology
Transactions of the BMS (1896 - 1988): www.sciencedirect.com/journal/transactions-of-the-british-mycological-society
Mycological Research (1989 - 2009): www.sciencedirect.com/journal/mycological-research
Bulletin of the BMS (1967 - 1986): www.sciencedirect.com/journal/bulletin-of-the-british-mycological-society
Mycologist (1987 - 2006): www.sciencedirect.com/journal/mycologist
Login to ScienceDirect (Elsevier)
Follow the links above for a specific journal or go to www.sciencedirect.com and login using your email address and ScienceDirect (not BMS) password.
To find a journal: when logged-in, click on 'Journals' at the top of the page. and search for the title.
Lost or forgotten password and other assistance
If you forget your ScienceDirect username or password, please click on the ‘Forgotten your username or password’ link. For assistance, contact an Elsevier Customer Support department.
New users of ScienceDirect
BMS Members who have subscribed to electronic journals can access the collection of BMS Journals and back-issues on the Elsevier ScienceDirect website. This requires a ScienceDirect username and password.
Note: it takes 2 to 3 days after paying for electronic journals before you can register and login to the ScienceDirect website to access your journals.
- Find your BMS membership number
You will need your BMS Membership Number to create a personal account on the ScienceDirect website. If you do not know your number, login to the BMS website and go to My Account, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further help.
- Create your ScienceDirect account
To access BMS journals, please use your activation code for one-time activation, as follows:
1. Go to: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/activate/bms. Please do not bookmark this link. It is only for one-time activation
2. Enter your BMS membership number into the box provided. This will take you to a page where you will need to ‘Register Now’. (If you already have a ScienceDirect account, you will need to enter your BMS membership number then follow the on-screen message to add your BMS journal access to your existing account.)
3. Complete a user profile, including your email address and a password. A username will be assigned. Both username and password are case sensitive. Note - please do NOT use special characters, such as ö, ä, æ when entering your personal details into the profile form.
4. After registration, use your email address and ScienceDirect password to access your BMS journals.