British Mycological Society: promoting fungal science internationally
- Support fungal science by being part of the international mycological community
- Exceptional networking opportunities, supported by BMS social media, conferences, field activities and workshops
- Member rates for participation in BMS national and international scientific meetings, UK workshops and other events
- Access to funding: BMS Research Project Grants (up to £10,000) and conference/workshop participation bursaries (up to £500).
- Electronic access to peer-reviewed international scientific BMS Journals at special discounted rates for full and student members
- Opportunities to attend BMS forays, identification workshops and educational activities in the UK and internationally.
- A regular BMS newsletter
Additional benefits for student members
- Special subsidised membership rates for PhD research students for up to 4 years (£21.00 per annum) and for undergraduates for three years (£10).
- Small Grants (up to £500) for attending relevant national and international scientific conferences if presenting a poster or oral contribution
- Prizes for outstanding student member contributions for best poster and best presentation at BMS annual conferences
- Planned Future Development - Participation in innovative postgraduate training workshops