As a member of the British Mycological Society, you are supporting fungal science as part of a national and international mycological community.
- Communities and networking opportunities through conferences, field activities, workshops and social media
- Member rates for participation in BMS national and international scientific meetings, UK workshops and other events
- Funding opportunities through BMS Research Project Grants (up to £10,000) and conference/workshop participation bursaries (up to £500)
- Electronic access to peer-reviewed international scientific BMS journals at discounted rates
- Opportunities to attend BMS forays, identification workshops and educational activities in the UK and internationally.
- A regular BMS Newsletter
Additional benefits for student members:
- Subsidised membership rates for PhD research students for up to 4 years (£21.00 per annum) and for undergraduates for three years (£10).
- Small Grants (up to £500) for attending relevant national and international scientific conferences if presenting a poster or oral contribution
- Prizes for outstanding student member contributions for best poster and best presentation at BMS annual conferences